28 June, 2010

Linkedin's Data Mining

Last night, I logged onto Linkedin to check for any new connections. There were 3 invitations and I accepted them. When I was about to Logoff, the Company Updates Section caught my attention. It said:

*****soft (India) Limited has 6 new hires, 2 promotions or changes, and 6 recent departures.

I was a bit surprised to see this and checked those links. I expected some to be known faces but I knew none of them. Then, I did a blank search on Companies and got the list as below:


We can’t expect accurate values as it depends on the user to update his/her profile. Anyway, with this feature, one can get some idea about attrition in a company.

Thanks! to Data Mining.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    Data Mining Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete