02 May, 2010

My experience during a meditation


From my previous post, you would know that I was very much interested in Isha Yoga and Meditation. After a bit of googling, I saw the above video and found it was the signature tune for Athanaikkum Aasaippadu. Later, I extracted the audio and loaded the song in my iPod Shuffle.

A few days back, at around 11:30 PM (midnight), it was very silent and I thought of doing meditation. I sat in my swivel chair and switched on the iPod. After closing my eyes, I felt the darkness as I started listening to the melodious tune. Even the fan's sound was not heard due to the ear phone. After a few seconds, I visualized the Dhyanalinga and immediately there was even more darkness. I was really surprised and couldn't belive myself that I got this wonderful feeling at the first instance.

After sometime, I felt like sweating and opened my eyes to find there was a power cut :-). Then I smiled at myself and hurriedly searched for my mobile phone. I left my room with the camera light and enjoyed the cool breeze outside the house.

2 comments:

  1. Funny narration.. the power cut. Remember there used to be meditation sessions in our office. But it was not regular however. I used to enjoy them. I'm not sure of the spiritual experience -whether it is attainable by normal people like us but certainly after meditating you feel a lot calmer and thoughts clearer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember once you took me to the meditation session. After that there was no such session :-(. Even we can understand spiritualism with some good books and practising the right yoga.

    ReplyDelete